Monday, February 7, 2011

Monhegan Island landscape painting. Affordable Maine painting on canvas by Robert Joyner

Expressive Maine seascape painting

Details about this Maine Seascape Painting

This mixed media Maine seascape painting measures 21" x 20" and is painted on paper.

Inspiration and Techniques used for this Maine landscape painting

I painted this one a few weeks ago when I was exploring with my over-sized charcoal stick. It's inspired from a picture I took while on vacation in Stonington, Maine. My focus was the medium-being able to use charcoal without going overboard. No pun intended. It's easy to do too much with a painting like this, especially when there are so many details that I could've included. I'm very satisfied with the results, particularly the balance energy and quiet space. The area to the right of the boat really makes this painting work and allows the viewer to better enjoy the uncontrolled chaos of the boat and dock area.

More images of the painting so you can appreciate the brushwork.



How to purchase this painting

This piece is now available a my Etsy store.

Other goodies and parting thoughts
Vote in this week's poll. The new poll just started today so buzz on over and get your opinion in for what you would like to see me paint next.

That's all folks. Thanks for stopping by and I hope I added some enjoyment to your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment