Monday, June 18, 2018

Small Oil Painting, Daily Painting, Seascape, "Pacific Blue" 4x12" SOLD

Most of my seascapes are from the Atlantic, or the Caribbean, but today I am visiting the Pacific.

Purchase here
SOLD

My reference photo was taken a few years ago on a trip to California with my daughter and granddaughter. We were in San Francisco most of the trip, but one afternoon we drove south to Half Moon Bay.



For us east coasters, the Pacific was an untamed beast, quite different from our usually gentle Atlantic.  Just that fact that we were peering down from a cliff and that the brave souls who ventured to the beach were all ON THE SHORE was foreign.  Not that we do not have sunbathers on the shore, but there are ALWAYS bathers or surfers in the water, even on the coldest of days.


I decided to use a palette knife on this scene to help capture the power  and texture.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment